Sunday 6 June 2010

A walk around Peterborough city centre..

..with my Nikon....

Looking across towards the cathedral...
Bishop's Road Gardens..great for a summer lunchbreak..
The Lido outside swimming pool - opened in 1936 and one of the few of its kind remaining in the UK.

Weeping Willows on the embankment of the River Nene..


Imagine medieval monks walking down here on their way to prayer...
Rear of the cathedral
A popular place for lunch and for meeting freinds in the summer...no 'Keep off the grass' signs here :)
I think maybe we have slightly more upmarket Starbucks here in the UK :)
Peterborough Museum
The Town Hall...ooh and look..a flag!

7 comments:

  1. Traci McDonough6 June 2010 at 18:58

    Wow! It really is beautiful there, and you take great pictures. I had a Nikon once - they are the best. I envy you living in such a beautiful place. Looks so clean and neat. I noticed plenty of people out enjoying what looks like a beautiful day there. I simply must come for a visit if only to visit your upscale Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Traci and YES, you must come. It is a very historic and beautiful city but I think we all take it very much for granted. It eas awesome seeing the cathedral through Jeff's eyes when he visited and now the whole city through my camera. Fresh eyes see great things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Diane. Appreciating Peterborough's glory. Not many people do in reality but it is a city I have grown to love over the past 22 years and am sad when people put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, you take a wonderful picture, you should work for the Tourist Board!!! I live 90 minutes from Peterbourough, think I need to pay a visit some time soon..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots Diane! Love the cathedral!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the look of weeping willows around the world, these are my favourite shots here too Diane, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see your beautiful city for myself :)

    ReplyDelete