Wednesday 27 January 2010

Introducing......

Well, thank you everybody for your wonderful suggestions for a name for the pesky little squirrel who thrust himself into my life just a couple of days ago. Now, even though he is a naughty little thing who gave me no choice about bringing him home and no choice about agreeing to take him to America with me, I decided that he should still be allowed the dignity of being allowed to choose his own name. So..I put all of your suggestions to him and, although he doesn't speak much (he is a squirrel don't ya know?) he was able to express his preferences very clearly...


First I put "Tootles" to him and, although he showed initial interest, he then scurried into the kitchen and hid face down in a vase...I'm thinking he didn't like it . Sorry Tracey :(




Then I decided to try Jude's suggestion and cautiously suggested "Frizzo"...sorry Jude....as you can see, he simply refused to come out of the vase so I'm thinking "Frizzo" is a non- starter :(



I had one last chance to get him to stop acting like a bunch of tulips and get the hell out of the vase, so in I went with "Cheeky".Not a peep I'm afraid. Mel, I'm sorry, but he was singularly unimpressed :(

So, what was a girl to do? A squirrel HAS to have a name, just HAS to, so I figured it was time to call in the cavalry...oh yes, it was very much time for the big guns to be deployed. Enter Bert and Mary, stage left. It took a few attempts at finding the name that was just right and then in a flash there it was...the perfect name for Mr Not A Tootles Frizzo Cheeky Pants (I added the pants but myself..it sounded better!) so I put it to him, in a whisper, almost afraid to hear his reply:

"Squirrel...I have one last suggestion to make. Please give this one serious consideration before continuing to petulantly flaunt your tail at me. Squirrel...how about being called...(I whispered this bit in case the Penguins were listening. He heard me but it was too quiet by far for you to hear)........?"

And then suddenly....out he came with a cute squirrely smile on his face:




So here he is ladies and gentleman...may I introduce you to

Kendal :)


                                

7 comments:

  1. Well hellooooo Kendal! :-)

    Kendal?? Is there a meaning behind that name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes is there a meaning Diane?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a sinking suspicion that you wouldn't elaborate....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am sure that all will become clear soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sitting on the edge of my seat dear......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I thought that I may let somebody else explain...I'm not sure when, but sometime for sure :)

    ReplyDelete